To apply for this job please visit jobs.eu.lever.co.
At Silverfin we’re trying to apply the promise of software to the age-old industry of accounting. With our SaaS we’re automating a large chunk of the busy-work that accountants are currently handling manually, and are building new tools so they can provide better services to their customers.
We aim to optimise their workflow in such a way that accountants can spend more time on the much more impactful and rewarding work of advising their customers, the business owners.
The good news is we’re succeeding in doing exactly that. Every day more than 15.000 financial service professionals use Silverfin to help and advise more than 500.000 businesses. Our customers adore us! The even better news is there’s still plenty left to work on, and that’s where we hope you come in.
We are looking for a Product Designer who’s eager to help change the accounting landscape.
What will you be doing
- Together with a Product Manager and Engineer you form an empowered cross-functional product team.
- The team solves customer and business problems by exploring the problem, ideating on solutions, gathering evidence, running experiments, evaluating ideas, delivering, iterating and following through to adoption.
- Helping your team balance product decisions through a tradeoff between value, usability, feasibility and viability. As the Product Designer, you are the main responsible for the usability.
- Build a deep understanding of our users and their specific needs through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Be an active participant in the design team’s continuous effort of consolidating our UI & UX design system.
We’re looking for a product designer who
- Thrives in a collaborative environment and is excited to work synchronously and asynchronously with a global team.
- Is driven by a desire to understand the users, the problem, the context and the why.
- Finds enjoyment in identifying the value, usability and feasibility tradeoff together with a product manager and an engineer.
- Has 3+ years of experience, ideally working on complex data rich application(s).
- Has been involved in a variety of projects, ensuring the integrity of design, UI and championing user-centred design principles.
- Is following a mature design process to dig deep in finding the core problems and validating them before jumping into UI work.
- Has experience in working with Design Systems and/or reusable components. Ideally in Figma or is a fast learner and willing to adaptCan recognise assumptions (including their own) and are willing to seek ways to validate them.
- Can communicate clearly in English, both written and verbally. Has strong communication skills and is an empathetic team player, especially when you’re communicating research findings, explaining the rationale behind a design or the challenges you faced.
- Your work hours have some overlap with EU business hours (we require your local timezone to be within CET +/- 3h)
- If some of the above points don’t match with you, or you are unsure, that’s OK, you should still apply.
What we offer
- You set your own working location and hours. The possibility to take care of personal things during office hours as long as you communicate with your team and catch up on work after.
- Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Free to work fully remote with optional office visits.
- A €1000 yearly budget for conferences, courses, workshops or other expenses that will improve your skills.
- Company-wide well-being days on every third Friday of the month (paid time off) for the whole year.
- The opportunity to work on-site from our cool office spaces in Ghent, London (Old Street / Shoreditch).
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks, fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday afternoons.
- A few retreats and on-sites per year, where we fly everyone to one place to get to know each other better, do fun activities and collaborate and iterate on how we work together.
More about Silverfin
Our headquarters is in Gent Belgium, from where we have successfully launched activities in BeNeLux and the UK. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base, including the big 4, in 15 countries with 180+ colleagues.
At Silverfin, we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We’re committed to elevating talent by creating an environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
What’s the product team like?
The product team is a cross-functional team where engineers work together closely with product managers and product designers. The team’s input is a user or business problem and which it can solve with a high degree of autonomy.
From day one all profiles are involved in understanding the problem, ideating solutions and doing quick experiments to prove that a certain solution will actually lead to the desired outcome. The setup of the team is largely based on the book “Inspired” by Marty Cagan.