At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you’ll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
Your future position
Kpler is looking for an experienced Clean Products Analyst within our Market Data Operations team based in London. The role will involve ensuring a high level of data quality through collection, processing and analysis of refined products data. You will be required to follow the main events and track the specific trends in the major liquids market. In addition, you will be working on various projects to develop new features or improve Kpler data quality. This will include day-to-day collaboration with teammates from various global offices and teams.
Your mission is to:
- Own daily checks of Kpler data to ensure the reliability and accuracy of global seaborne flows, inventories and demand
- Draft fast-response analysis to ad-hoc requests from clients (emails, chats, video calls and in-person meetings)
- Perform specific analysis to improve our product and data quality continuously
- Closely collaborate with the Engineering and Product team to propose new sources to extract automatically and improvements to our data processing (business rules and algorithms)
- Monitor market news and developments, extract meaningful patterns and detect new trends
It will be a match if you are or have:
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience as a refined products analyst or other petroleum product-related background (ideally Clean Petroleum Products)
- You have exposure to light ends or middle distillate markets
- You have experience working with large, disparate and unstructured data sets (advanced Excel and SQL skills)
- Strong capabilities in logical thinking with attention to details
- You have excellent analytical ability, are at ease with working with databases, and have the ability to highlight trends and use complex data to support decisions
- You show a willingness to learn, are a team player, a quick learner, and can work within short deadlines across multiple tasks
- You can work and communicate in an international cross-cultural environment
- Experience in using SQL, Python, R or Tableau
Nice to have
We’re a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you’re driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you’ve found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice