To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 7 countries and 9 key locations (Brussels, Paris, Hyères, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
Kpler is looking for an Analyst to join our Refined Products Data Operations Team based in New York. The role will involve ensuring a high level of data quality through collection, processing and analysis of DPP data (Fueloil/VGO/Bitumen). You will track specific trends occurring in the DPP market and regularly liaise with both internal and external stakeholders about DPP flows. In addition, you will also be working on various projects to suggest and help develop new features that will improve Kpler’s data quality. Your day-to-day work will include collaboration with teammates from various global offices and teams.
• Daily checks of Kpler data to ensure reliability and accuracy of global DPP seaborne flows
• Draft fast-response analysis to ad-hoc requests from clients (emails, chats, video calls and in person meetings) and assist the sales and customer success teams in meeting clients’ data needs
• Perform specific analysis to continuously evaluate and improve our product and data quality
• Closely collaborate with the engineering and product teams to propose improvements to our data processing (business rules and algorithms)
• Monitor market news and developments, extract meaningful patterns and detect new trends
You could be a good fit if…
• You have 2 – 5 years of experience as a refined Products Analyst, as Shipping or Trading Operator, or other petroleum product related background
• You have experience working with large, disparate and/or unstructured data sets (advanced Excel and SQL skills and Python knowledge would be a plus )
• You have strong capabilities in logical thinking with attention to details
• You have excellent analytical ability, at ease with working with databases, ability to highlight trends and use complex data to support decisions
• You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
• You show willingness to learn, are a team player, quick learner, and able to work within short deadlines across multiple tasks
• You have the ability to work and communicate in an international cross-cultural environment
What you will receive from Kpler:
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits including work from home allowance, medical and life insurance, training and development allowance, paid volunteer work and more!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment, with offices in 7 countries (UK, France, Belgium, Austria, US, Dubai and Singapore), we come from more than 50 countries and speak more than 20 languages
• We have truly embraced the new age of workplace flexibility where you can chose to work fully remote, hybrid or onsite
• You will get a company laptop and you can choose between Windows, Mac, or Linux
• Global maternity (extended leave), parental, festival and compassionate leave policies aligned to the contemporary needs of the family, and individual choices
1) Recruiter Screen: 30/45 minute video interview with a recruiter from hiring team
2) Hiring Manager Interview: 45 minute exchange with one of our Hiring Managers
3) Take home exercise
4) Exercise Debrief: 1 hour debrief to review the completed exercise with 2 Hiring Managers
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice