Sortlist is a global platform making the best matches between companies from different industries and digital agencies, our mission is to create conditions for successful collaborations in the B2B industry. One developer and one designer had the vision and the courage to build this platform, now the company is present in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Romania, Tunisia & Madagascar and plans to scale up its presence in the UK & in the US in the coming years.
Do you want to be part of one of the fastest growing Software scale-ups (winner of Deloitte’s Fast 50 Award!) that is changing the digital world and the way clients interact with agencies?
To keep things simple let’s see what you should expect from us.
We are seeking a highly motivated Product-Oriented Ruby on Rails Software Engineer to join one of our two tribes, a cross-functional team made up of other front-end and back-end software engineers, designers, and product managers (team of 5-7).
The primary goal of the tribe is to deliver high-quality software products using the Shape Up methodology, which is a flexible process that contains cycles (4-weeks) and cooldowns (1-week) to help teams stay focused on delivering value to the customers: Be 100% focused on delivery by removing all meetings from the cycle.
As Ruby on Rails Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing web applications using Ruby on Rails framework with a focus on delivering value to the customers. You will work closely with the product team to understand the customer’s needs and help shape the work for the upcoming cycles.
We have multiple front-end & backend services that are built using the following technologies:
- Back-end – Ruby on Rails 7 (latest version) API-only
- Front-end – React apps (Next.js) – 100% typescript.
- Databases – PostgreSQL (main database for all apps), RabbitMQ (message propagation), Opensearch.
- Infra – Kubernetes, AWS, terraform, docker.
- 3+ years of experience in working with backend technologies
- Professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience working in an agile team using SCRUM, Shape Up or similar methodologies.
- Strong SQL experience
- Fluent in English
- Code quality, writing tests and documentation is something that you are familiar with
What we offer
- Modern equipment and tools that support the work in the best possible way. For us, that means new MacBooks or a top notch Linux laptop of your choice.
- Flexible way of working (hybrid, 2 days from the office)
- A lot of autonomy and the possibility to have an impact through your decisions
- A great working atmosphere and an extremely dedicated team. It’s really rare to find a team that harmonizes as well as ours and where you feel welcomed so quickly.
- You can mostly work in autonomy, of course after careful planning with your team members. What counts is the common goal. There are so many ways to achieve it. We count on your expertise to make the right decisions here.
- 2000€ yearly training budget
- Actual work-life balance. We all have a life outside of work, and that needs to be valued. Working remotely because you’re visiting friends or parents, being really unavailable on weekends and completely relaxing on vacation
If you picture yourself in this role and you’re passionate about this field, give us a chance to meet you! Go ahead, hit that button and apply! We will get back to you ASAP to let you know whether you’d be a good fit.