To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
We are hiring security researchers with a special interest in mobile applications. The right candidate enjoys researching new code hardening techniques, creating internal & external educational materials and pentesting mobile applications. Relevant knowledge domains for this position include:
- mobile environment verification (detection of root/jailbreak, debugger, emulator,…),
- advanced static analysis (symbolic execution, program synthesis,… ),
- DBI and anti-DBI techniques,
- state-of-the art control and data flow obfuscation techniques and their relevant components (i.e. all kinds of opaque predicates, code virtualization,…),
- common security issues in typical Android and iOS applications,
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate should excel in verbal and written communication of complex topics. Creativity and the ability to think out-of-the-box are essential for this role.
We’re expanding an existing team of researchers with similar skills and interests. The team is responsible for providing proof of concepts, research, analysis,… to other more development-oriented engineering teams as well as occasionally the marketing and product departments.
- Good knowledge of either Java, C or C++.
- 3 or more years of experience in either a mobile security domain or obfuscation in general.
- Reverse engineering experience (familiarity with Ghidra, IDA, JEB, Hopper, r2 or similar).
- Experience in dynamic analysis and DBI with e.g. Frida or similar tooling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of under-the-hood Linux and XNU concepts.
- Previous (academic) experience with code transformation and compilers.
- Mobile application pentesting experience.
- Familiarity with mobile app development (Android, iOS, ProGuard and/or DexGuard,…)
What Guardsquare offers you
- A full time job with a competitive salary package
- You are provided with the tools & flexibility to develop yourself successfully
- An international environment where you will interact with motivated & open colleagues with different backgrounds
- A company where you can share and implement your ideas
- Either a remote or hybrid work policy, which helps guarantee an excellent work-life balance
At Guardsquare, we take pride in being a diverse and multicultural company with team members representing numerous nationalities. We value different perspectives and opinions throughout the business which has contributed to our being the market leader in mobile application security.
You will be part of a dynamic team that strives for excellence and focuses on continuous education and enhancement in skills. We encourage & empower our trusted colleagues to share their opinions, actively collaborate, and continue to learn and grow.
So, what are you waiting for? Join us!
You can apply for this opportunity by filling out the application form below!
Guardsquare offers the most complete approach to mobile application security on the market. Built on the open source ProGuard technology, Guardsquare’s software integrates seamlessly across the development cycle. From app security testing to code hardening to real-time visibility into the threat landscape, Guardsquare solutions provide enhanced mobile application security from early in the development process through publication.
More than 900 customers worldwide across all major industries rely on Guardsquare to help them identify security risks and protect their mobile applications against reverse engineering and tampering.
Guardsquare is based in Leuven (Belgium) with offices in Boston (USA) and Munich (Germany).