We are reshaping the € 70bn European car leasing business, one of the largest yet-to-be disrupted markets! The traditional car leasing industry is slow, complicated and expensive. At LIZY, we’re making leasing a car as easy as ordering a sweater on Zalando.
LIZY is a well-funded startup (>€10m) with off-the-charts revenue growth (>100% YoY) and an amazing team of 30+ A-players. We’re incredibly ambitious and our goal is to become the Revolut of car leasing.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated and analytical Senior Accountant with great attention to detail who can bring our accounting and financial set-up to the next level and who is driven by challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. Accounting is only a part of the various responsibilities that your role entails. You will be involved in numerous exciting and enriching projects such as digitalization, accounting system improvements and assistance to interesting projects (e.g. transfer pricing).
- Never-Ending Learner: You are extremely curious, hardworking, autonomous and eager to learn fast.
- Challenge Lover: You are not afraid of challenges, nor to look for creative ways to overcome them and have a strong willingness to get things done.
- Independent: You feel confident working on your own and taking initiatives.
- Highly Organized: You are highly structured, an excellent project manager, document everything you do and know how to efficiently focus on key priorities.
- Analytical: You have the ability and are driven to tackle complicated issues by evaluating information gathered and organized
- Team Player: You have great teamwork skills and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a small and talented team where you’re supported in your efforts to grow professionally.
- Communicative: You are a strong communicator, but above all you listen and interpret well.
- 3-5+ years of relevant accounting experience in a consulting, big four, corporate or high-growth environment.
- Strong analytical & communication skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, Excel in particular.
- Strong knowledge of Belgian GAAP. Knowledge of IFRS is a plus.
- Experience with statutory accounting and tax requirements.
- Fully proficient in English and either French or Dutch.
What you will do
- Be the front guard of our financials and perform daily accounting tasks, prepare the monthly closing of financials, account reconciliations and financial reports.
- Perform monthly/yearly VAT and corporate income tax calculations and returns.
- Work on challenging projects in finance in close collaboration with the Head of Finance and Financial Controller.
- Have a big impact in the accounting, reporting and external audit process.
- Help define financial risks and shape concrete decisions and processes from scratch.
- Learn start-up best practices and operations in a fast-growing company.
- Get exposure to the financial aspects of a young company and be directly involved in projects such as digital transformation and automation, accounting system improvements and transfer pricing.
- Support in discussions and reporting to investors, financial institutions and other stakeholders.
Perks and Benefits
At LIZY, we deeply care about our workers. Therefore, we offer
➡️ Great Team: Working at LIZY means being part of an empowered team and collaborating with talented colleagues with experience at well-known companies such as McKinsey, Uber, Waterland, Odoo, Google and Deloitte.
➡️ Flexible Work: Amazing modern headquarters at Flagey, Brussels, possibility to work partially remote, organize your own work schedule, and enjoy the sun while working on our rooftop!
➡️ Attractive Package: Competitive salary, benefits and strong long-term incentive with attractive stock option package.
➡️ Learning Opportunities & Empowerment: Hands-on experiences, take initiatives and incredibly talented colleagues to learn from.
➡️ Quality Equipment: Top range tools including laptop, computer screen, mobile phone, keyboard, and headphones.
➡️ Friendly, fun & transparent environment: Join an international team of friendly mates in a transparent and fun work environment.
➡️ Extra: Fresh fruit, quality tea & coffee, weekly team lunch, and monthly team drinks.
Having second thoughts?
You don’t feel like you’re matching 100% of the criteria? We encourage you to apply anyway! Study shows that candidates in this situation are less likely to apply, however LIZY aims at being inclusive as we are well aware that diversity brings a huge added-value to the team. It is more important to have the right mindset!
Do you want to build tomorrow’s car leasing platform? Then send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org !