To apply for this job please visit fleetmastersoftware.com.
Global scale-up looking for passionate Senior Backend Developers to join the team
A Cox Automotive product brand, FleetMaster is a specialist in cloud-based workflow technology for fleet operators and dealerships. FleetMaster is the expert in fleet management solutions, enabling a variety of mobility needs through its state-of-the-art software, global partnerships, open architecture and best of breed approach.
Working at FleetMaster
FleetMaster is a global scale-up that supports the core business processes of international rental and leasing companies with worldwide success. We aim to improve our customers’ efficiency and lower their operational costs. We believe technology is the key to change. By continuous innovation we’ve created a solution built for the future.
FleetMaster has built up its customer base in Europe, the United States and Central America and offers its state-of-the-art cloud-native platform for SMEs and well-known top-tier rental and leasing companies and the dealerships of OEMs. The customer portfolio is rapidly expanding and we’re offering you a chance to help us write this exceptional story of growth.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You are part of the team that develops new features, both generic additions to the core platform as customer specific extensions.
- You help the development team and the founders in analyses, estimations and potential optimisations of the current software environment.
- You help solving customers’ and end users’ problems whenever development is needed.
- You are primarily focused on the backend of the solution, in close cooperation with the frontend team. You have the necessary knowledge and insights in the frontend functionalities to do so.
- You help out with knowledge and input for functional and technical analyses.
- You think along constructively in brainstorm sessions about new features, improvements and optimisations of existing functionality.
- You analyse and solve problems.
- You support the implementation team during pilot phases.
- You have at least 5 years of experience of development in a professional environment.
- You have experience building highly-scalable backend systems in C# .NET for multi-tenant cloud platforms.
- You have a good allround knowledge of the latest .NET Framework and Entity Framework versions.
- You have thorough knowledge of Microsoft SQL and are capable of writing efficient database queries.
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology is a plus.
- You combine technical knowledge with a thorough affinity for the functional part.
- You have an interest to deep-dive into the background and the details of the business we operate in.
- You value the importance of hearing from end users how they use the product and what their experience is.
- You are capable of creating a technical analysis and you are reliable in estimating change requests.
- You go for results, work independently and take initiative where needed.
- You’re communicative and able to escalate a problem when needed.
- You’re able to cope with stress when a deadline has to be met.
- You’re aware about the confidentiality of data and how to work with that.
You’ll be part of a fast growing company with international customers, where your voice will be heard in both the functional and analytical part of the product development and customer projects. We give you the chance to build the future of FleetMaster in a phase where fast growth and flexibility of both the team and the product are key.
At FleetMaster we collaborate in a flat hierarchy and with a “getting things done” mentality in a creative and motivating work space where cooperation, open communication, self-development and passion are at the core of what we do. Our offices in the MeetDistrict in Ghent are easily accessible and have all the necessary facilities to create an inspiring workplace.
We believe in mutual flexibility and an attractive salary package in line with your experience and contribution to our success story.