To apply for this job please visit boards.eu.greenhouse.io.
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
We successfully raised 80 million in series of B funding, we welcomed four companies to our organization and want to grow over 100 million in ARR in 2024. With more than 560 teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries of which 175 in Belgium alone, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector?
What you will do:
We are looking for a Backend Engineer who is passionate about clean, readable and scalable code. You will be responsible for building high-performance APIs that transform terabytes of data into valuable insights that help over 100.000 hotels worldwide make well-informed decisions.
Your team works in close collaboration with our product team and a highly talented group of software engineers, DevOps engineers and project managers to drive initiatives forward.
In a fast-growing scale-up priorities might shift from time to time. You’ll gain experience and ownership in different domains depending on your ambition, but here are some general topics:
Where you will have impact:
- Work on new feature developments for our existing products as well as creating new products from scratch.
- Architect, code and maintain existing & new Python/Go (micro-)services.
- Deploy and monitor services in a reproducible and scalable way.
- Develop a high affinity with our various, often complex, datasets by crunching large amounts of data on the fly in API implementations and data processing jobs.
- Experiment with, think about and take ownership of a piece of our codebase/infrastructure and find ways to improve it, both in terms of performance/efficiency and structure/best practices.
- Ensure high quality deliverables through extensive testing as part of your development process.
- Be part of the product scrum-teams, creating high performing and efficient APIs related to new feature developments.
About our team:
The team scales and manages services around the largest set of hotel’s metadata within the hospitality industry. They’ll design, implement and integrate the landscape required to support our business critical processes and flows. You’ll architect core abstractions (e.g. data and business modelling), backend components and a service landscape that enables other engineering teams to do their best work possible. Your future stakeholders are other engineers and power users on the business side.
You’ll be part of a highly skilled engineering team with hubs in Ghent and Madrid. We want to give you the best tools, equipment and atmosphere to work from wherever you want.
Technologies you’ll work with:
Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Istio, Python, Django, Go, Bigtable, FoundationDB, Spanner
(feel free to ask us why these are the best fit for us)
What’s in it for you:
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or, if you live nearby, at one of our seven offices around the world
- Unlimited time off: we believe in providing our employees with the flexibility and autonomy to manage their work-life balance effectively
- A motivation to deliver your best work as we have built a high-bar and very talented team of individuals that are friendly, creative, open-minded, and passionate about what they do
- Workshops and frameworks that help employees realise their full career potential
- A mandate to operationalize and democratise research through tools, training, and processes
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 85,000 users rely on worldwide
- A choose-your-own mobility budget when you’re based in Belgium or a company car
- Extensive health insurance packages for you and your dependents prioritising our employees’ holistic well-being and healthcare needs
- Private pension funding through group insurance
- A compensation that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- A referral bonus scheme when you bring new talent to our #bestteamever!
Who you are:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- 5+ years of professional experience in a similar position
- Experience writing Python and/or Go
- Experience with microservice architectures and any cloud platform (we work with GCP)
- A passion for efficiency and performance optimizations, preferably in the field of data processing and algorithm design
- Affinity with challenging status-quo of overall API design and architecture
- Proven experience dealing with large datasets in a NoSQL environment
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in SQL
- Knowledge of the Django framework
- Experience in working in a cross-functional team to develop and deliver new product features
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it’s part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we’re excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can’t wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.