To apply for this job please visit www.pozyx.io.
This is a permanent position, full-time, located in Ghent, Belgium. Office location: Vrijdagmarkt 10, 9000 Ghent. Pozyx is always striving to improve, innovate and excel. We are looking for a senior embedded firmware engineer to join our team and make a difference, adding new experience and top-notch expertise to our wide range of hardware products for accurate positioning. The firmware team shines in the Pozyx high-tech environment and works on next-generation solutions and the challenges that they face. The Pozyx products range from small asset trackers with years of battery life to complex devices that communicate with different wireless technologies and perform local computations. In your role, you will be flanked by an experienced hardware team and a strong algorithms team that describes the smart functionalities of each device.
• You design embedded architectures for power constraint devices
• You develop embedded firmware based on customer requirements or internal product specifications
• You implement firmware on ARM devices (bare metal or RTOS based)
• You benchmark and test the low-level functionalities and their power consumption
• You develop test code for hardware validation testing
• You assist in the development of the production test benches
• You peer-review your colleagues’ embedded code
• You work together with the hardware team
• You manage your projects time schedule & can work on concurrent activities
• You maintain the existing product portfolio on product changes/improvements and/or specification updates
• You prepare the needed technical documentation and release flow
Required skills & experience
• You have a solid experience in low-level firmware development for power constraint devices
• You have knowledge of interfaces like UART, SPI, IIC, USB, PWM
• You have experience with wireless protocols such as BLE & WiFi
• You have a solid understanding of RTOS systems
• You have experience with or knowledge of version control systems like git
• You are proficient in reading and understanding complex datasheets
• You can handle basic test equipment such as a multimeter, logic analyzer and an oscilloscope
• You have experience with embedded unit tests and production tests
• Your experience with Python, CI/CD and Atlassian (Jira & Confluence) is considered a plus
• You hold a master’s degree in electronics and have minimum 5 years of professional experience as an embedded firmware engineer
Are you a perfect fit for this job? Apply now, we would be happy to hear from you.
Pozyx is interested in qualified candidates who are eligible to work in Belgium. However, no visa or relocation sponsorship is available.
Pozyx only works with pre-qualified recruitment agencies.