To apply for this job please visit www.investsuite.com.
InvestSuite is a fast-growing global B2B embedded wealth (front-to-middleware) InvestTech provider. We help financial institutions realize their digital wealth transformation journey and together create the most delightful investing experiences for their customers. We have 15 nationalities building in “international DNA” and clients on 4 continents. We are a place where bankers, creative designers, imagineers, mathematicians, computer & behavioral scientists meet. We are builders and growers, obsessed with innovation and the construction of exciting products that benefit the clients of our clients. We are excited to work at the crossroads of ‘the markets’, investing, economics, deep science (AI & machine learning), finance, design and the digital world. Can there be anything more challenging?
Who Are We Looking For
We are seeking an experienced Quantitative Python developer with a passion for innovation and a commitment to delivering high-quality products. As a key member of our senior team, you will leverage the latest Python patterns and libraries, including FastAPI, to develop core backend services for our products. You will work within an ecosystem that includes technologies like Kafka and Kubernetes, expose your services as OpenAPI 3.0 endpoints, and prioritize quality through automated continuous deployment procedures. Your services will serve both mobile apps and web apps managed by InvestSuite, as well as third-party services and applications. As a quantitative developer, you should possess a robust understanding of portfolio construction, order execution, performance evaluation, and simulation, all underpinned by strong financial acumen.
- Develop and maintain the quantitative aspects of our robo advisor product:
– Portfolio Optimisation flow
– Reconciliation and order flow
– Past and future performance
- Deploy applications that meet the highest demands of our customers in terms of performance, availability, and security.
- Design and implement clean and scalable public and internal services.
- Champion practices that enhance development velocity and overall team quality of life.
- Identify, track, address, and plan Python technical debt.
- Quantitative Research Support: Assist the quantitative research team in backtesting strategies and conducting performance analysis.
- Code Optimization: Continuously optimize code for performance, efficiency, and scalability.
Target profile & traits
- Highly driven and committed – you deliver high-quality products within deadlines
- Solution-minded – you avoid politics & find effective ways to get the job done
- Direct and open – you are always willing to share and speak your mind
- Smart and creative – you find creative ways to get things done & accomplish goals
- Customer centric – you seek to delight customers/users with all your work
- Quality-minded – you deliver top quality & expect the same from others
- Naturally curious – you crave new knowledge & best practices about your field
Required Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Python development experience (excluding education).
- Proficiency with the following technologies:
– Pandas, Numpy, Jupyter
– Pre-commit (the Python tool, not the git hook)
– Type annotations in Python, including checks with mypy
– Poetry package manager
- English fluency in both spoken and written communication.
- Solid understanding of quantitative finance concepts, including portfolio optimisation techniques, statistical analysis, and risk management.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and risk mitigation.
- Experience with agile project methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- Experience with quantitative modeling and algorithm development.
- Familiarity with financial markets and order execution.
Other skills & experience we would love to see
- Holding a CFA Level 1 or higher, underscoring a profound understanding of financial concepts and analytical acumen.
- Knowledge and experience with reactive architecture, microservices, and containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Familiarity with various cloud environments, including AWS, Azure, and OpenStack.
- Expertise in writing unit tests and end-to-end platform integration tests.
- Experience with automated build, test, and deploy pipelines.
- Understanding of cloud and serverless architectures, as well as infrastructure as code.
- Passion for technologies related to distributed messaging, such as Kafka and Akka.
- An interest in AI and its applications in finance.
If you are a highly motivated and creative Quantitative Python developer who is committed to delivering exceptional solutions, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our dynamic team.
Be part of a growing team of interdisciplinary experts in fields such as: math, software engineering, AI, data science, design and UX. Join us and enjoy:
- An international environment: We have office in Leuven and are present in many countries in EU but also other continents.
- Attractive remuneration: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Self-development: We actively encourage you to join conferences and trainings to improve your knowledge and widen your network.
- Equal opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression.