Abbove is a leading wealth planning technology platform that aims to radically transform the way families relate to their wealth and interact with their trusted advisors.
Abbove’s platform empowers more than 1.000 wealth advisors to provide over 30.000 families across Europe with a new experience of wealth management that goes far beyond money. Abbove is transforming the private banking and wealth management industry, it is growing fast and it needs you to build up a sustainable future.
Your mission as a Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer or Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in building scalable, high-quality, and high-performing web applications. Management experience is a plus.
- Design, develop, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Proven track record in writing automated tests.
- Experience with legacy code.
- Lead the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers, product managers.
- Conduct code reviews, mentor junior developers, and enforce coding standards.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development.
Required skills and expertise
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or similar experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in full-stack development.
- Strong understanding of backend, front-end and datastores.
- Proven experience in software development methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Extensive experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with a frontend framework such as Turbo + Hotwire/Vue (or similar).
- Leadership skills ideally as a manager.
- Healthy appetite (and experience) to put on multiple engineering hats and help out on Docker/Terraform/AWS/CICD/ETL/…
Working in a scale up environment requires a high-level of professionalism, proactivity and autonomy. We work as a team and everyone can rely on other’s work. If you want to better understand our work environment and culture, have a look a our culture book.
What we offer
- A full-time position with responsibility in which there’s room for your own creativity and initiatives.
- The opportunity to grow with the company and to develop your role accordingly over time.
- The chance to join a small, young, and talented team that’s not afraid of a bit of fun.
- An attractive salary package.
- An energetic, social, and flexible environment with the opportunity to work at our office in Brussels combined with some days of home working