At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you’ll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
The Market Data team is responsible for the ingestion, filtering, enrichment, and distribution of externally sourced data. This data is coming from thousands of sources related to maritime trade, and is critical to the business processing entities in Kpler, so they can provide a live and accurate picture of the global trade to our customers.
- Work with Product Owners and Engineering Managers to upgrade our data pipelines to the next level of quality and reliability.
- Design and implement the APls, pipelines, and read models to publish our datasets.
- Maintain and optimise our datasets and their schemas.Guarantee data integrity and availability to our consumers.
- Provide state of the art environments and tools to support the development team.
- Review code and mentor the development team to higher quality standards.
You are or have…
- Have at least 8 years of experience as a Software Engineer, including significant hands-on experience with using Scala in production, especially with Cats, Spark, or Kafka.
- Can design and implement RESTful APIs.
- Have experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code practices, especially on AWS.
- Have experience with Data Processing Orchestration (Airflow).
- Are fluent in English and have experience working in an international environment
Nice to have
- Functional Programming frameworks : Cats, fs2
- Big Data Management : DeltaLake, Medallion, Lineage
- Terraform, gitops, Kubernetes
- Machine learning, OCR, NLP
- ElasticSearch, GraphQL
- Front-end web development (typescript, vue.js, react)
- SQL schema and PostgreSQL optimisations
- AWS WAF principles
We’re a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you’re driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you’ve found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice