Optimy is a Belgian tech scale-up and the European leader in the Social Impact industry that enables any organization to manage and align its grant, volunteering, donation, and sponsorship programs.
At Optimy, we believe that corporations are a force for good and can make the world a better place. For more than 12 years, we have enabled organizations to amplify their positive impact by building meaningful relationships with causes, communities, employees, and customers.
Today, over 350 organizations use Optimy to manage over 1.5M projects in 22 languages across 25 countries. Our client portfolio includes Audi Belgium, Fondation Michelin, Grameen Foundation, Ford Motor Company, UEFA Foundation for Children, and many others.
We are looking for a Software Development & Operations Manager to join our IT team based in our headquarters, Brussels.
Optimy is looking for a talented and hands-on Software Development & Operations Manager who would be interested in joining our venture and supporting the CPO in the agile transformation and the management of several engineering squads. As the manager of the software engineering and QA, you will be at the center of IT operations and the future of our SaaS product.
Your main goal is to deliver product roadmaps with high velocity and customer focus up to deployment on our 24/24h SaaS infrastructure for smooth operations.
Your future responsibilities
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, nearshore, and offshore teams to ensure a reliable and performant software engineering capacity
- Plan ahead your capacity by recruiting, transferring knowledge and training your resources in due time and build required skillsets to meet the company’s short and long-term needs
- Identify, make recommendations and address any gaps in skills or resources within the teams by evaluating team performance on regular basis, providing feedback and coaching as needed
- Establish, monitor, report and deliver expected performance metrics and keep teams motivated and engaged to deliver all roadmaps and strategic initiatives within agreed scope, quality and time
- Work hand in hand and support other teams such as Product Management (planning, technical feasibility, estimations), Architecture (quality, security, performance), Support (technical questions, bugs, regressions) and Customer Success (implementation and IT services to clients)
- Maintain the platform, infrastructure and their related services fully operational 24h a day with your Level 3 support team and coordinate any incident till resolution with the support team
- Supervise and guide technically automation and tooling projects for all repetitive IT operations relative to support, QA, deployment, services and infrastructure
- Supervise the delivery of IT related services to client and participate in client technical calls
- Manage entirely the Custom developments for our clients with all internal and external stakeholders and its P&L
- You have a background in software engineering or related fields with 5+ years of experience in software development with 2+ years of experience in a management role
- You have proven expertise in PHP and its ecosystem (frameworks)
- You are knowledgeable about cloud infrastructure components (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis, Queues, etc.)
- You adhere to agile principles and strong development standards like Scrum, TDD, DDD, BDD and Continuous Delivery
- You are an excellent communicator; both written and verbally
- You want to see your team strive and you lead by example
- You are a problem-solver and you like taking on new challenges
- You have professional working proficiency in English
- You have an EU citizenship or a valid Belgian work permit
- A permanent contract with an evolutive fixed salary
- Monthly net fees
- Meal vouchers
- Annual eco-vouchers
- Transportation costs reimbursement
- Hospitalization insurance (DKV)
- A Hybrid work model
Our Culture Value Proposition
- We believe that supporting and promoting inclusion and diversity across our business and society will make the world a better place for all.
- We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture that helps employees know they are valued, respected and empowered to do the best work of their life.
- We celebrate diversity because we believe in the variety of perspectives and ideas that reflects our multinational environment and drives the most innovative and sustainable growth.
We provide a personal development plan (PDP) and a learning path in an online learning platform for every employee in our organization.
Optimy provides equal opportunities to all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation and marital status.