To apply for this job please visit itextpdf.com.
For a brand-new engineering team, iText is looking for a Software Engineer. The goal of this team is to bring new products to market quickly, while balancing delivery time with sound architectural and technological choices for future development and maintenance. Using iText’s strong PDF technology as a foundation, this team will be responsible to build innovative new products.
The current product set of iText enables developers to integrate, in an automated and programmatic way, document creation, processing and data extraction into their products, processes and services. But we are constantly looking for ways to expand our offering so be prepared to explore other interesting areas to augment iText’s products and technology.
What you’ll do
- You work with your peers to design and implement high-quality products and features
- You will design the architecture of new modules/components and large features in the existing ecosystem, and take the lead in implementation
- You use your experience and you discuss openly to achieve excellent results
- You will be largely involved into code review process
- You continuously provide feedback and suggestions to improve processes and efficiency
- You work closely with the Product, Research and Engineering teams to come up with innovative solutions
- You mentor, train and assist more junior team members
What you bring
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of experience with Java and/or C#
- Ability to consistently take projects from “80% done” to “deployed, correct, operable and maintainable”
- Broad technological background and experience with various technologies; experience with documents or document management is a plus.
- Organizational talent, strong critical thinking, and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
You will thrive in this role if
- You have a strong software engineering background, with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent through experience
- You are well-versed in enterprise development
- You have the desire and ability to leave the code, documentation and processes behind you in a better state than they were before
- You enjoy algorithmic work to improve efficiency and performance; you have experience in working with any of the file formats at a low level
- You have great knowledge of CS fundamentals: bits and bytes, data structures, OOP, basic algorithms, etc
Besides being part of our iText family, you’ll also be part of our brand new engineering team. At iText we attach great importance to team play. We often hold team events and host a kickoff event every year with all international staff to ensure our entire team has time to get to know each other.
What we promise you
- Ample learning opportunities (not only in PDF technologies),
- an international atmosphere,
- great team diversity,
- rewarding compensation packages, and
- a fun work environment!