To apply for this job please visit comsof.recruitee.com.
Software Engineer R&D
You are part of our R&D team where you will be involved in the development of our GIS based optimization and automation tools for planning Fiber and District Heating networks, and possible future extensions to other utility sectors (e.g. Smart Grids).
A day in the life of a Software Engineer R&D at Comsof:
- Development – you will be working at the core of our product, making a highly customizable tool where clear code and good architecture are strived for.
- Research – you need to take ownership of our industry leading optimization and routing algorithms; be in charge of implementing new algorithms from scratch.
- Agile – you are a member of our Scrum team, where you are actively involved in working out new user stories to improve our product back-end.
- DevOps – you play a role in our product lifecycle by optimizing the build pipeline using technologies such as Jenkins, AWS and GraalVM.
- Quality – you maintain the quality of our code base together with our Test Engineer by writing test code and defining acceptance criteria.
Keywords: Java, JavaFX, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, GraalVM native-image, AWS, GIS, object-oriented programming, Scrum, Agile, Angular, optimization algorithms & heuristics, graph theory, TDD, JUnit, telecom, utility networks
- You hold a master in engineering and/or computer science or similar with a good track record.
- You have excellent programming skills in Java or another object-oriented language.
- You have a strong interest in network planning, more specifically for telecom (fiber) and utility networks (heat, electricity, smart grids networks) and you are excited to continuously follow the state-of-the-art in these domains.
- Ideally you have some background in these domains, or you are willing to make your way into the subject matter enthusiastically.
- Experience with efficient optimization algorithms is a plus.
- You speak and write fluent English, and (optionally) as many other languages as possible.
We’re committed to succeed, but are we a good match?
- Do you care about other people? Whether it is a client or a colleague, whenever a person is in need, we get a boost from seeing other people succeed thanks to our help.
- Are you continuously looking to improve? We strongly believe that to stand still is to fall behind. We continuously look to improve our own and our client’s processes, whether in small steps or through pure revolutions based on innovation.
- Are you committed to succeed? We always deliver the best we can, going the extra mile if needed to deliver the high quality expected from us.
- Do you like to play with your cards on the table? We love to play games, but we play them fair. We are transparent and happy to share knowledge to make other people better at what they do.
What’s in it for you?
- A versatile job with a generous salary package.
- The chance to work in a professional and challenging environment with a focus on graph theory, algorithms, software and innovation.
- The opportunity to contribute to a global software provider, leading in its domain (as proven by nomination for Export Lion 2017).
- An open working atmosphere with great team spirit, based at Dok Noord in Ghent.
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home.