At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you’ll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
The Supply and Demand (S&D) team is building a data product that provides a comprehensive picture of the commodities supply value chain. The product is a cornerstone of Kpler portfolio as it provides a deep understanding of market dynamics at a country level. The team is operating a complex data pipeline that pulls data from external sources, normalises, transforms and finally publishes to various channels (from web UI, mobile to various APIs). The team is currently scaling the S&D product by adding new types of commodities and reworking the data pipeline to make it faster, more flexible and more robust.
- Work with fellow team members to grow the existing products and support the latest features.
- Contribute to shape the roadmap in collaboration with the product team.
- Help the team build ambitious yet sustainable plans.
- Share your expertise with team members, bringing help and guidance when needed.
- Connect to other senior engineers and bring insights to help us re-architect existing systems for scale and extensibility.
- Push for operational excellence: build robust, scalable, cost efficient applications.
- Make sure the team commits to its SLO and help improve it.
You are or have…
- BSc/MSc in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a software engineer, using either Python, Typescript or Scala
- Excellent understanding of software industry best practices and standards (testing strategies, clean code, SOLID principles, software design patterns, etc)
- Proficiency in building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in designing front end applications using either Vue, React or Angular
- Knowledge of relational database systems in both OLTP and OLAP context
- Exposition to cloud system design and architecture
Nice to have
- Have some exposition to messaging middleware
- Have some exposition to distributed computing framework (Spark, Flink, Dask)
- Have been involved in BI oriented project (ETL, dimensional modelling, dashboarding)
We’re a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you’re driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you’ve found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice