To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 7 countries and 9 key locations (Brussels, Paris, Hyères, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you will do
You will play an essential role by leading and managing the team, providing strategic & operational input, and driving client relationships to maintain the trust in the team and grow new business for your business segment.
This role can be based in London, Brussels, Paris, Vienna, New York City or Singapore.
· Management: Responsible for the commercial success of the Dry Bulk business segment (All dry excluding grains and oilseed which is managed by another Director )
· Strategy: Drive the development and evaluation of short-and long-term strategic and financial objectives to drive business performance for the Dry Bulk business segment.
· Marketing: build and execute a marketing strategy to help improve the success of our Dry Bulk solutions in the market.
· Thought leader: Be a thought leader in your business segment. Identify key markets and stay on top of emerging trends and industry factors. Support the overall marketing strategy with valuable product marketing intelligence. Be the thought leader on Dry Bulk, internally and externally, set and monitor the performance of solutions to educate stakeholders.
· Customer Research: build detailed personas and gain a deep understanding of the markets we serve to help inform sales & marketing activities.
· People management:
-Optimize internal and external resource allocation to ensure delivery of the short and long-term goals
-Lead a growing team through functional reports (a.k.a. dotted line reports), coach them and help everyone get the best out of themselves. Create a team environment where everyone feels part of it, shares best practices, and helps each other.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for someone who has 10+ years of experience in the industry and strong knowledge of the Dry Bulk Market.
Our ideal candidate can create a clear vision, has operational excellence deeply ingrained and cost control in his/her daily routine. As a person, he/she should think and act strategically, in balance with the pragmatic ability to implement. He/she will have a compelling personality, and an entrepreneurial, results-focused approach. He/she will be a true team player with a “can do” attitude and a clear sense of ownership, assertive and willing to take decisions. They can effectively collaborate and forge alignment across the organization. He/she has excellent stakeholder and communication skills, paired with emotional intelligence, to win the buy-in from the various stakeholders.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP SKILLS
· Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
· Shows strong feelings (e.g., urgency) about reaching targets.
· Checks work of self and others against required quality standards.
· Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure the team is achieving results.
· Tests to see if goals are sufficiently challenging and implements corrective action based on deviations.
· Identifies and leverages individual strengths and potential within the team.
· Engages the team in discussions around the longer-term strategy and how they can contribute.
· Delegates significant responsibilities to team members to free self to work on other priorities.
· Gives team members decision-making authority and accountability within their areas of responsibility Invites the team to recommend ways to solve problems, discuss challenging issues, or generate new ideas.
· Takes personal ownership for advancing significant change.
· Communicates a new direction or change with a clear rationale and/or sense of urgency.
· Creates or takes advantage of multiple opportunities to promote needed change.
· Adapts communication content, approach, or style around change to appeal to different audiences.
· Strong commercial and relationship building skills.
· Charisma, pragmatism, gravitas, and integrity.
· Strong social skills, team oriented.
· Driven and self-motivated.
· Structured and systematic.
· Open to new ideas and creative.
· Diplomatic, enthusiastic, and convincing.
· Open to other cultures, agile.
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice