To apply for this job please visit cheqroom.recruitee.com.
Head of Engineering
Hi there! We are Cheqroom, but we’ll talk about us later… today is all about you!
We’re opening a new position for a Head of Engineering to join our leadership team!
What you will be doing?
As Head of Engineering, you are a passionate, curious, and experienced team manager who can mentor and manage Cheqroom’s talented engineers. Beyond managing, you will lead technical strategies and ensure qualitative and secure software delivery.
You will work in the product and engineering department and report to our VP of Product.
- Managing and coaching a team of 8 Full Stack engineers
- Providing technical strategical leadership: translating our company and product vision and strategy into an Engineering vision and strategy
- Coach Engineers to deconstruct problems into executable actions
- Fostering an open feedback culture, continuous improvements, and development of high-performing, multi-skilled engineering teams
- Focus on delivering business and user value while maintaining a healthy and future-proof codebase
- Reviewing development processes, and facilitating technical thought leadership to build new products, improve existing ones and help shape development best practices
- Set budget and staffing and drive the execution of our product roadmap
Are you the one?
- Masters in Computer Science or Information Technology Engineering.
- Successful experience playing a key (Technical) leadership role within a start-up/scale-up – Ideally from building and scaling, across various stages of growth.
- Extensive experience in growing, leading, managing, and guiding a technical team of 10+ people. Exceptional team mentoring track record. Guiding, growing and inspiring people to work together and to their best standard
- A desire to navigate and lead a team through ambiguous situations and align strategy with company priorities
- Collaborative attitude and superb organizational skills, a problem-solving mindset, and the ability to make strategic decisions – combined with the motivation to make an impact
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams including Product team and Business stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical solutions that create user value, constantly balancing technical and business needs in a pragmatic way
- Experience with setting and delivering on goals both for yourself and your teams, OKR driven and able to prioritize to achieve outcomes
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in delivering transformational projects and programs of work, process, and change management
- Hands-on experience with our tech stack (Python, React, Node.js, GraphQL and Typescript)
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure platforms such as AWS
- Experience working on a subscription or high-volume transactional systems
- Experience with structuring engineering teams to modernize existing codebases
- Experience with security compliance programs such as SOC2 or ISO27001
Why should you join us?
We are a fast-moving scale-up with offices in the beautiful city of Ghent (Belgium) and lively New York.
Joining Cheqroom is joining a highly motivated and inspiring team of colleagues who are happy to take you on this rollercoaster of challenges and experiences! We think outside the box and welcome everyone!
We top it off with:
- Competitive compensation with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, .
- Benefits package includes 25 days of vacation, reimbursement of commute expenses, health insurance and group insurance, meal vouchers and eco vouchers.
- Flexibility. We work on a hybrid model,
- Work from abroad (The world is your oyster! Get your bags ready because you will have 6 weeks to work remotely)
- Proper tools so you can do your work properly, without frustration (laptop, phone, and all the usual)
- and a great company culture where you will feel right at home!
Last (but not least) who are we?
Cheqroom is the number-1 equipment-management software, and we are getting ready to further scale globally.
Our mission? Let makers make!
We make equipment management delightfully simple for companies like Google, Fox Sports, EA, NBC, ESPN, … We help them to stay on top of their inventory by digitizing the entire process through an intuitive and collaborative software solution that saves both time and money. Allowing them to focus on their passion to create.
*Diverse teams build better products An asterisk you’ll want to read
We know for a fact that women, people of color, and minorities, in general, are not likely to apply for a job they only feel 70% qualified for. We’re here to tell you that you are, in fact, enough, and strongly encourage you to be confident and to submit your application either way. You’ve got this.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to meet you!