To apply for this job please visit opinum.recruitee.com.
Who we are
Opinum is a Belgian company founded in 2014 that created and ensures the continuous development of the “Opinum Data Hub” platform that has been designed for energy and environmental actors.
Today, Opinum is the key partner of these actors in their digital transformation journey. Opinum Data Hub covers all stages of the data management value chain to allow its users to look beyond the complexity of data and focus on their core value and expertise. Opinum Data Hub is mainly intended for large private and public service companies, energy suppliers and companies with expertise in energy management (ESCO).
Contribute to a more sustainable planet by providing cutting-edge technologies in the field of data management for energy & environmental actors to accelerate the digital transformation of the sector.
Digital technologies need to be developed and deployed with positive societal impact in mind. More importantly, digital technologies can pave the way for the energy transition by supporting the monitoring and tracking of human impact on the environment; optimising inefficient natural resources usage and energy distribution processes; and help people to better understand their consumptions.
Opinum’s culture is driven by a customer-oriented approach to build a company that last. Innovation and teamwork is at the heart of what we do to build the first Data Hub for energy & environmental actors. Trust is in every action we undertake with customers, employees and shareholders. People & this Planet are the reasons why we exist.
Opinum is looking for an experienced QA engineer. You will be at the heart of the product team, with responsibility for ensuring the quality of the product (frontend and backend). You will participate in functional brainstorms, prepare and execute tests and work with developers to ensure that bugs are fixed. You will also actively participate in the test automation process that started this year, and more generally in the definition of the testing and quality improvement strategy.
You will be part of a team of highly skilled developers and testers, for whom teamwork, humility, creativity and humor are key values.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Understand new developments and identify use cases for testing
- Write test plans and test cases
- Automate tests when appropriate
- Run the tests
- Analyze test results, investigate and accurately document bugs
- Write and communicate test reports
- Participate in the writing of the documentation of new features
- Analyze bugs reported by customers in production
- Suggest product and process improvements to enhance product quality
We’re looking for people who are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in French and English
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a QA
- Thorough understanding of API and HTTP requests and response
- Experienced in tests automation (and used to working with test automation tools). For the moment we use Specflow, Cucumber (based on Gherkin) and Postman.
- Knowledge about SOA concepts (e.g., microservice architecture, gRPC) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Conscientious but able to adapt to a changing environment
- Experience in working effectively as part of a team
In exchange for your input you can expect to receive:
- Great remuneration (eco cheque, group insurance, company car, etc.)
- Private health insurance
- Flexible work arrangements and home working possibilities
- Fun working environment with supportive colleagues
- Extra activities and team events
- Work for a company that has a positive impact on the society