To apply for this job please visit iristick.com.
To further strengthen the Iristick team and prepare for future growth we will be hiring an enthusiastic ‘Senior Technical Support Engineer’, North America for further assisting our US customers & commercial team with technical & pre-sales support and to a lesser extent project management support, primarily in the MedTech & Healthcare segment. You will be the go-to person for all Iristick Smart Glasses hardware and software needs/issues.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong technical support background in hardware/software and relevant pre-sales & project management experience, in order to further increase our service levels towards our US end user customers, strategic & distribution partners, primarily operating in the MedTech & Healthcare segment.
As our ‘Senior Technical Support Engineer’, North America with main focus on the MedTech & Healthcare segment, you are responsible to develop and further deepen the relations of the company with its target customers and with the right players in the ecosystem (software vendors, implementation partners, distributors and strategic B2B partners) by giving the appropriate level of assistance in terms of technical support, pre-sales and project management. This person will provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install and/or develop (demo) applications. You will take ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution. You like finding out what went wrong, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve technical issues.
From an operational standpoint, you are expected to take a leading role in coordinating all technical support towards US customers & partners, while personally being in charge of the MedTech & Healthcare segment key accounts. But you are not on your own. We are a team and you can ask anyone for help or advice! The US organization is supported by a global commercial, customer support, project management, back office and hardware & software engineering team with significant industry experience.
Technical support duties will include:
- Assist with pre-sales activities, by working in partnership with sales to help customers determine the best technology solutions to meet their business needs.
- You will take ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution. You like diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve technical issues.
- Help our customers install and/or develop applications and programs for rolling out Smart Glasses and Extended Reality projects. Become the technical Subject Matter Expert for our MedTech & Healthcare segment key accounts
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers).
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem. Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers. Maintain jovial relationships with clients.
- Be the technical expert consultant and win the ‘hearts and minds’ of users.
- Develop a close relationship and collaboration with our segment specific software partners.
- Ensure all technical issues are properly logged.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Regularly co-travel with sales colleagues and provide product training and other technical support to customers required to accelerate the successful conversion of business opportunities & implementation of projects.
- Assist the commercial team at trade fairs in primarily the US.
- Be the ‘voice of the customer’ – work closely with marketing, product management, CTO and engineering teams to optimize the portfolio (incl. new product development), and help define new product offerings and industry specific solutions based on customer feedback
- Our technology stack includes:
- Android/iOS phones: our glasses interact with the operating system
- Appstore and playstore: you will help customers install the correct versions
- MSTeams for Iristick: a dedicated android app has been created to work with our glasses
- MDM systems: company roll-outs require MDM systems and you will assist customers with this.
- You are tech-savvy and you have a good understanding of the broader HealthCare & Life Sciences Industry.
- You have proven (hands on) work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, or similar role
- You have a passion for (wearable) technology and for the way it changes people’s jobs
- Ideally, you check most of following boxes:
- Role: 5 years of experience in Technical Support and/or pre-sales / project management
- Industries: 5 years of experience in the HealthCare & Life Sciences / technology industry
- Hands-on experience with Android, iOS in a Professional context (no consumer applications
- Devops knowledge is a plus
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills with a flawless command of English
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Good understanding of cultural diversity
- Ability to translate customer requirements in sharp product and system requirements
- Willing to travel frequently (min. 25% of your time within North America and occasionally EU)
- Hands-on mentality & you like to take initiative
- You can work independently and have a strong desire to work in a in a fast-growing tech scale-up
- A Full-time job within a fast-growing company (permanent contract or 1099 contract).
- We are a young team of intelligent and passionate colleagues. We created a workplace where you will be challenged, stimulated and encouraged to do your best.
- The opportunity to evolve in your role in line with the growth of the company
- You will get the opportunity to work to work with global-500 companies in your sector.
- Our global headquarters is in Antwerp, Belgium. Our US office in New York City will soon move to a different location (TBC).
- Work hard, play hard: we make it possible with a competitive salary and insurance benefits. Give us your best and be appreciated and rewarded for it.
- We gladly support you in the process of constant learning by giving you the opportunity to attend education or training. After all, our growth depends on your growth.
- And last but not least: this is not just a job! You can help shape and create industry 4.0 & eHealth. Expanding the use of smart glasses exponentially will definitely change the way people in the field do their job and will help advance healthcare overall!