To apply for this job please visit cheqroom.recruitee.com.
VP of Finance
Hi there! We are Cheqroom, but we’ll talk about us later… today is all about you! We’re opening a new position for a VP of Finance to join our leadership team!
What you will be doing
As VP of Finance, you report directly to our CEO, Vincent Theeten. You are a key member of the leadership team and drive all strategic & financial planning, business modeling, forecasting, and management reporting activities in partnership with the CEO.
You are responsible for overseeing all financial and accounting activities, including budget management, financial analysis, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, internal and external financial reporting, and financial compliance.
You will lead our finance department with 4 direct reports.
- Work with the CEO to maintain and continuously improve the profitability and cash generation of Cheqroom.
- Responsible for monthly accounting close, preparation of financial reports, compiling financial documents, and ensuring general compliance.
- Lead management reporting, including KPI’s, dashboards, business trends, and performance vs plan.
- Establish efficient and transparent management and reporting processes to create clarity about Cheqroom’s operating performance and greater visibility of future trends.
- Grow, lead, and inspire the finance team of 4 people to ensure that all business objectives and team KPIs are met.
- Create analyses, commentary, and presentation materials for Board meetings.
- Oversee the annual budget planning across all departments, collect the inputs, and compare the company’s actual performance against the budgeted targets.
- Establish strong working relationships across the business to ensure accurate and timely financial information is provided to and/or obtained as and when required
- Ad hoc project work and financial analysis as required to support the business.
- You actively think along with the business and map out the financial impact of new ideas or initiatives. Work closely with Executive leadership on daily operations and major business transactions.
- We are scaling up, so there are several projects related to the fast-growth environment that will need your attention
Are you the one?
- You have a BD in Finance, Law, Business Administration, or other relevant degrees. A degree in management skills is a plus. An MBA is preferred.
- You are able to piece together data from a variety of work streams to build a complete picture of where the business is both on revenue and cost basis for operational and strategic planning.
- Previous experience at a VP level with a minimum of 3 years of experience leading Accounting/Finance operations in a SaaS environment.
- Experience with consolidating several international entities.
- Knowledge of Accounting/Finance, budgeting, and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP and IFRS)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload
- Experience with multi-stakeholder management, including being a trusted business partner and supporting Board level and investor discussions
- Hands-on, project manager with the ability to multi-task and prioritize complex deliverables and projects.
- Communication is key! You manage to maintain open and clear communication with all stakeholders. Proven commercially sound judgment and excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- You have experience with managing a remote team and working together with colleagues in different timezones.
- You thrive in a challenging and flexible environment with a variety of tasks on your plate.
- Partner and support a leadership team in driving to results with empathy, judgment and accountability.
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbally
Bonus points if you
- Have experience in a Big 4 company where you learned the tricks of the trade.
- Have experience in NetSuite.
Why should you join us?
We are a fast-moving scale-up with offices in the beautiful city of Ghent (Belgium), and lively New York.
Joining Cheqroom is joining a highly motivated and inspiring team of colleagues who are happy to take you on this rollercoaster of challenges and experiences! We think outside the box and welcome everyone!
We top it with:
- Competitive compensation with the position’s requirements. In a performance-based environment, this will include base salary, bonus structure based on corporate qualitative and quantitative strategic KPIs, and a stakeholder position in the Company.
- Benefits package including 20 days of PTO, reimbursement of commute expenses, insurance package (Health – Dental – Vision) and 401K retirement with company match
- Flexibility. We work on a hybrid model,
- Work from abroad (The world is your oyster! Get your bags ready because you will have 6 weeks to work remotely)
- Proper tools so you can do your work properly, without frustration (laptop, phone, and all the usual)
- and a great company culture where you will feel right at home!
Last (but not least) who are we?
Cheqroom is the number-1 equipment-management software, and we are getting ready to further scale globally.
Our mission? Let makers make!
We make equipment management delightfully simple for companies like Google, Fox Sports, EA, Gorillas, NBC, ESPN, … We help them to stay on top of their inventory by digitizing the entire process through an intuitive and collaborative software solution that saves both time and money. Allowing them to focus on their passion to create.
*Diverse teams build better products An asterisk you’ll want to read
We know for a fact that women, people of color, and minorities, in general, are not likely to apply for a job they only feel 70% qualified for. We’re here to tell you that you are, in fact, enough, and strongly encourage you to be confident and to submit your application either way. You’ve got this.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to meet you!