To apply for this job please visit jobs.eu.lever.co.
Who we are?
Silverfin is a cloud first solution that enables accountants to streamline significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value adding activities.
Silverfin solves a very real problem: it automates a large chunk of the repetitive tasks that people working in financial services spend their time on and improve communication with their customers.
Recognised as an industry leader, we have picked up many accolades, including in 2021 winning Deloitte Belgium’s Technology Fast 50 award for most sustainable growth – an award given to the company with the best percentage growth over the last four years.
Our headquarters is in Gent Belgium, from where we have successfully launched activities in BeNeLux and the UK. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base, including the big 4, in 15 countries with 180+ colleagues.
At Silverfin, we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We’re committed to elevating talent by creating an environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
How would you support our success?
Do you have a knack for building strong relationships and a proven track record in sales? Silverfin is currently seeking an Account Executive to join our dynamic team. You will be responsible for developing and expanding our services to accountancy firms in the Walloon region in Belgium.
As an Account Executive, you will be part of a fast-paced sales team where an entrepreneurial mindset is a must and is continuously encouraged. We expect you to build the opportunity with prospects and help to build our brand awareness within this market. Are you ready for this challenge? Keep on reading.
You will be essential in helping us set, drive and execute on our revenue goals by working closely with every type of accounting firm, from smaller players to mid-market organisations.
To be successful, it is important to understand and identify industry pain points and trends and have the know-how to articulate exactly how our solution can address those needs. You have to be a fast-learner, tech-savvy, forward-thinking, solutions-driven, professional and tenacious. You are part of the Belgian Sales team, so you will also need to be a strong team player and most importantly – a builder!
What would you do to drive our success? Your responsibilities:
- Identify and close new business quickly with accounting firms in Wallonia – Belgium.
- Ability to be hands on in developing and delivering solution presentations, demo’s and workshops with senior clients on C-level / Partner-level
- Develop and present value based outcomes to accounting partners / stakeholders
- Build and Maintain a healthy sales pipeline, with quarterly and yearly targets in mind so as to forecast and deliver repeatable revenue
- Build a trustworthy relationship and be our key sales contact person with our client base in Belgium
- Listen to the customer’s short and long-term needs and align them with the company’s growth strategy
- Collaborate with Silverfin leadership, Marketing and Technology departments to execute the sales strategy, providing inputs into the product direction and messaging as needed
- Serve as a spokesperson at major industry events, conferences, trade shows, and expositions
- Ability to be an individual contributor but also a team player with other Sales Team Members
What would success look like? Your performance and accountability
- As an Account Executive at Silverfin, achieving success and demonstrating accountability means consistently surpassing revenue targets through the acquisition of new clients, with the potential to earn uncapped commissions.
- As an Account Executive within our company, you will be responsible for identifying potential clients, qualifying leads, conducting demos, negotiating contracts, and closing deals. Additionally, you will work closely with the Sales Development team to ensure a consistent inflow of new leads and maintain ongoing communication with prospects to ensure you close the deal.
- You will be accountable for managing the sales cycle, ensuring accurate records of all communication and activity in the CRM, and collaborating effectively with other teams within the company, such as Sales Development, Marketing, and Product.
- Additionally, the Account Executive is accountable for staying up-to-date with industry trends, understanding the competitive landscape, and continuously improving their product knowledge and sales skills to better serve clients and drive revenue growth.
- Ultimately, success in this role means acquiring new clients and driving revenue growth for the company in a region that holds a huge potential.
What will support your success?
- First experience in selling B2B solutions within SaaS, Finance/Accounting, or another easily transferable industry is highly desirable
- Proven track record of winning complex deals with new clients
- Strong commercial outlook, natural seller, excellent networker and consultative approach to business development
- Solid understanding of cloud technology, SaaS.
- Native French. Fluent professional use of English. Dutch is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and creative commercial approach
- Obsession with client happiness and deal generation
- Outstanding people and communication skills, honesty and integrity are key
- Self-starter and hands-on, able to drive sales process end-to-end
We care for you
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- Regular team activities during and after work
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Wellbeing Days Off: Monthly Company-wide Wellbeing Days off in the current year
- Generous personal training allowance
- Cool office spaces in Ghent, London (Old Street / Shoreditch) and Amsterdam
- Nice salary, lot’s of flexibility, Employee Stock Option Plan, and great additional benefits
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday
At Silverfin we make our own way. We are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to move forward. Continuous learning and development is encouraged to support your personal and professional growth.
At the same time, this opens up many new opportunities that allow our people to grow with Silverfin, and often faster than with other companies. So many ambitious team members have already found their way to a new challenge within Silverfin.
We want you to reach your full potential. To get you there, we don’t want to think in boxes and over-structure things. So your options are not limited to 1 team or 1 career track. Your talent, motivation and potential play a crucial role in evolving across the teams into new roles.