Optimy is a Belgian tech scale-up and the European leader in the Social Impact industry that enables any organization to manage and align its grant, volunteering, donation, and sponsorship programs.
At Optimy, we believe that corporations are a force for good and can make the world a better place. For more than 12 years, we have enabled organizations to amplify their positive impact by building meaningful relationships with causes, communities, employees, and customers.
Today, over 350 organizations use Optimy to manage over 1.5M projects in 22 languages across 25 countries. Our client portfolio includes Audi Belgium, Fondation Michelin, Grameen Foundation, Ford Motor Company, UEFA Foundation for Children, and many others.
The AP/AR specialist plays the necessary role of collecting all invoices getting in or out, controlling them, ensuring their validation and payment. The AP/AR specialist is a key player and responsible for the company’s accounting. As an AR/AP specialist you enjoy recurring tasks that you can perform in a cleanest way – if not best-of-the art.
- Issue AR invoices based on Sales Order or Subscription annual anniversary,
- Apply indexation on Customer subscriptions,
- Encode AR/AP invoices received (including VAT application and analytical distribution),
- Follow-up with Customers and Revenue teams on sales invoices until full settlement,
- Ensure the proper validation of AP invoices (existence and amount), if needed by other internal stakeholders,
- Prepare payments of AP invoices,
- Answer client’s requests for Vendor registration and update procedures.
- Close the accounts monthly for 2 entites (Canada and Belgium) in a timely, smooth and accurate manner.
- Rigueur: whatever how many times you may repeat an action, you always act in accordance with the rules defined and you enjoy a ste-by-step properly followed so that the result is purely right.
- Eye for detail: you are able to check quickly the consistency of the data you look. Before working on it, you check that cumulative amounts match with the number you’re trying to make sense about.
- Organisational and time-management skills: you find your way between various tasks, you organise your day to adapt to levels of emergency and meet recurring deadlines.
- Autonomy, Problem-solving skills and Drive for action: facing a problem, you don’t look for the blame but always (a) take the time to identify the blockers (b) and focus on the next actions to solve them.
- Communication skills: ability to build strong working relationships with the Revenue teams, our customers and vendors.
- Customer-service minded: you thrive to respect fair internal service level agreements.
- Languages: you are fluent in English and French – Dutch is welcome but not required.
- Accounting basic understanding: you are able to encode simple invoices in the accounting, to split them over time if needed, and to perform bank reconciliations.
- Tools: you are confortable to use excel, GoogleSheet, and you have previously used an accounting software. Knowledge of Odoo is a plus.
- A permanent part-time contract with an evolutive fixed salary
- Monthly net fees
- Meal vouchers
- Annual eco-vouchers
- Transportation costs reimbursement
- Hospitalization insurance (DKV)
- A Hybrid work model
Our Culture Value Proposition
- We believe that supporting and promoting inclusion and diversity across our business and society will make the world a better place for all.
- We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture that helps employees know they are valued, respected and empowered to do the best work of their life.
- We celebrate diversity because we believe in the variety of perspectives and ideas that reflects our multinational environment and drives the most innovative and sustainable growth.
We provide a personal development plan (PDP) and a learning path in an online learning platform for every employee in our organization.
Optimy provides equal opportunities to all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation and marital status.