The Bit About Urbantz
At Urbantz, we help the world’s largest retail, grocery, e-commerce and logistics companies love their last mile with a smarter, greener approach to delivery management. Our SaaS platform was built specifically for enterprises to help them cut through the complexity of multi-fleet operations and drive greater sustainability in the final mile at any scale.
More than 100 brands enjoy the clarity and control to cut their CO2 emissions, allocate smartly across carriers, build unique workflows and ensure on-brand delivery experiences for recipients with Urbantz.
Since our inception in 2015, we’ve enjoyed phenomenal growth across Europe, the Middle East and beyond. In 2020, Deloitte ranked us third in its annual Technology Fast 50 list.
Orchestrating the delivery of thousands and thousands of packages daily is no small feat. It gets even more interesting if you ship from multiple locations, time-slot restrictions, zero-emission zones, a mixed fleet of bicycles, electric and carbon fuelled vehicles … Our customers count on us not only to keep track of their deliveries, but also to deliver them in the most optimal way.
Today, already, Urbantz is using various solutions to achieve this. Your role is to keep expanding the optimization space. You shape customer needs so they can be solved by using or combining existing optimization engines. If those fall short, you look for other optimization solutions to fill the gap, or build them yourself.
- Together with the product manager and your team, you come up with the best solution to (routing) optimization challenges our customers are facing.
- You research and build proof-of-concepts, but also lead the implementation of optimization services.
- Once reviewed, you deploy and follow-up.
- You collaborate closely with our data scientist to build and validate models.
- You model our customer’s problems so they can be solved with route optimization solvers like ESRI, GraphHopper, … and you build or integrate new solutions.
The Must Haves
- Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, and especially algorithm design.
- A solid understanding of optimization techniques. Your knowledge of how they work helps you to put them to your advantage.
- At least five years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- A positive mindset and like to find ways to constantly improve in what you do.
- You can build a plan to iteratively deliver lager initiatives and organise the work to be done.
- Fluent in English
The Great to Haves
- You have a Masters in a Mathematical, Scientific or Engineering field with a focus on operations research algorithms.
- Experience with Azure’s Data pipelines & Machine Learning stack, Python, and NodeJS
- You have affinity with logistic sector. No, ordering things online doesn’t count
- Work where you choose: our fancy offices in the center of Brussels, your spare bedroom, a cabin in the woods… you decide.
- Autonomy to define and navigate your own path to success.
- A competitive salary, the right tools and a range of fringe benefits depending on your country location.
- An incredibly diverse international team and a company culture that encourages freedom, creativity and collaboration.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise through training, workshops and conferences.
- Team meetups in Brussels, an annual offsite somewhere sunny.