At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector?
We are expanding internationally and are looking for an experienced, full-time Business Development Manager – EMEA to help scale our DMO division. This individual will be ideally based out of our office in Madrid.. We also welcome remote employees for this role.
Where you will have impact:
- Report into the VP Sales and work closely with the other regional BDMs and Account Managers supporting this vertical.
- Develop and execute a business development plan to achieve quarterly revenue goals and sales KPIs across your assigned territory.
- Be prepared to elevate your profile as an expert in the tourism industry by strategically leveraging, and continuously developing, your existing network of key decision-makers.
- Support and assist in the development of partnerships with key public and private institutional stakeholders (e.g. TTRA, City DNA, UNWTO, WTTC…).
- Keep up to date with the trends and challenges in the industry.
- Source new business opportunities across multiple channels (e.g. cold calling, email outreach campaigns, webinars, product demo/training sessions, interaction with professional networking groups, and attending industry events).
- Maintain accurate records of your activities, pending tasks, and pipeline management.
- Respond to all inbound enquiries, referrals and leads for your assigned territory.
- Develop bespoke presentations and provide tailored proposals in a professional, proactive and timely manner.
- Monitor and audit the client deliverables. Be prepared to generate reports to solve questions raised by prospects, drive engagement and close the sale.
- Together with the AM team, identify upsell and cross-selling opportunities from existing customers.
- Provide proactive feedback from clients to our internal teams to help identify business requirements, constraints, determine development times, and/or product enhancements.
- Foster cross-collaboration, open communication, and commitment to the team.
- Where necessary, identify shortfalls in the process and procedures and suggest any improvements to ensure a consistently high level of service is adhered to.
What’s in it for you?
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our seven offices around the world
- Unlimited PTO, allowing you to take time off as you see fit
- Two annual Wellbeing Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company
- Workshops and frameworks that help employees realize their full career potential
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 85,000 users rely on worldwide
- The chance to grow and evolve the data culture at a fast-growing scale-up
- A compensation program that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- A referral bonus scheme when you bring new talent to our #bestteamever!
Who you are:
- An ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business, Communication, Finance, Economics or another relevant field.
- You have 2+ years of proven experience working with DMOs, Tourism Boards, public sector institutions, and/or tourism organizations.
- Experience in dealing with public administrative and legal processes (e.g. supplier registrations, legal requirements, sworn translations, customized clauses…) will be highly valued.
- You have a focused, “hunter” mentality to find, solicit, and drive new business opportunities through consultative selling.
- Proactive, self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- You have the ability to think and operate strategically, and have great problem-solving skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages will be highly valued), and are capable of demonstrating a high level of diplomacy.
- You are comfortable with navigating software, conducting webinars, and answering business questions through data (data analysis, data visualization and presentations).
- You have experience with Salesforce, or other CRM systems and related sales tools.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint and BI tools will be valued.
- Experience working in a SaaS or DaaS organization will be valued.
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it’s part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we’re excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can’t wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.