At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you’ll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
What you’ll do
The Sales team is looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager (Energy/Maritime/Commodities) who is excited at the idea of selling a disruptive technology solution in the commodities market and hunting new logos!
More specifically you will:
• Own the full sales cycle. Prospect new business, develop opportunities, demo the product, and close sales
• Follow up on highly qualified opportunities at mid-sized and large companies
• Build relationships with prospects and internal stakeholders to grow new business
• Manage a portfolio of accounts, responding to clients’ requests promptly and thoroughly, having a
growth quota every year
• Work collaboratively with our global Sales team, product and market analysts to build the best product in the market and close exciting deals
• Provide accurate and up-to-date forecasts for any given month or year
• Close new business consistently at or above quota level
• Help build and drive sales processes and strategy
You are or have…
• 3+ years experience in Sales (SaaS/Data/Tech) either in the Energy/Commodities or Maritime industries (must have)
• Significant experience generating brand-new business sales opportunities
• Driven and self-disciplined. You can work in autonomy without much guidance and thrive in unstructured, fast-paced, ever-changing environments
• A team player who always puts the business first with an eye on maximizing you and your team’s long-term gains
• Strong sales negotiation and sales closing skills
• Excellent customer service, listening, and negotiation skills
• Ability to analyze complex client requirements and needs
• Great attitude and motivation
You must have the right to work in the US – sponsorship not provided
Candidates should be based in NY or surroundings
Salary range: 80,000 USD – 135,000 USD depending on skills, years of experience
We’re a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you’re driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you’ve found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice