To apply for this job please visit careers.lansweeper.com.
Business Development Manager
Lansweeper is an IT Asset Management software provider helping businesses better understand, manage and protect their IT devices and network. Over 25 000 customers rely on its discovery and inventory capabilities to govern their infrastructure, software, and users.
In 2020, Lansweeper acquired Fing, specialized in network scanning and device recognition. The acquisition has enhanced Lansweeper’s own IT network discovery capabilities and data enrichment by adding Fing’s unique device identification capabilities with the largest databases of over 1.3 billion devices.
Aside from a direct go-to-market, there is also tremendous potential in an indirect approach. This has been proven from our successful OEM business by embedding our unique device recognition capabilities into Cybersecurity, Telecom and Hardware Manufacturers products and services.
Our Embedded Technology (“ET”) team within Lansweeper is fully dedicated to make available key components of the Lansweeper technology platform for third parties to embed into their own products and services. The team acts as an entrepreneurial unit to undertake all the activities needed to fully realize a business. The team mission is to continue to developing a high momentum, scalable OEM offering for the Lansweeper platform, and requires an agile, pragmatic and versatile individual that is willing to go well beyond their job description to make it a success.
This key high visibility position calls for self-motivation and a driven attitude; eager to build business; adaptability and humbleness; business savvy and some technical evangelism.
A day in the life of
The first task of the ET team is to bring our device recognition product to a scale-up level. Our recognition services rely on a cloud-based system to provide a reliable and smart service for our business customers. Our Data Lake is a big-data and analytics ML platform that crunches the crowdsourced data points, producing device recognition models and market insights.
As Business Development Manager you will:
- Develop and execute a growth strategy for device recognition. Focus on generating new business opportunities for the company by identifying, contacting, and qualifying potential customers.
- Be responsible for creating and managing leads through the sales pipeline. Interact with customers with cold and warm calls, and emails and attend trade shows to build relationships and generate leads.
- Contribute to the revenue targets for ET and execute by following up on inbound leads, and prospecting into existing customers to uncover growth opportunities.
- Identify customer needs, and share ideas about improving our product and processes as well as customer engagement information with the Product Management and Marketing teams.
- Work with our CRM tools (i.e. Hubspot) to qualify and manage leads, keep the pipeline and budget updated, manage the sales activity and issue monthly invoices where required.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to enable an effective account-based marketing process
- Stay up-to-date on market trends, competition, and industry developments
- Provide regular reports on business development and sales activities and results
Are you the new Business Development Manager at Lansweeper?
- Interest and understanding of current technologies with knowledge in databases and APIs. Put technology first.
- Knowledge of sales techniques and strategies. Have a commercial mindset and be proactive in following up with customers.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills. We need you to effectively interact with our customers daily and with the Product lead to have a thorough understanding of our customers’ needs.
- Time management and organizational skills. Has curiosity and is entrepreneurial. Not afraid of taking the initiative.
- Experience in carrying an individual quota with a verifiable track record of success.
- Have thorough knowledge of written and spoken English to correspond with customers from all over the world.
- Location in London
Going for gold?
- Experience in selling SaaS Business with some applications in Cyber security or Telco space preferably over the last 5 to 8 years.
- Experience working with solutions that OEM 3rd party technologies.
- Educational achievements (Bachelor/Masters) or previous work history as business development or a pre-sales solution engineer.
- Have proof of a relentless drive to take initiative and pro-active outreach to succeed.
- International experience would be beneficial.
Our offer you can’t refuse
- Flexibility is key! Work efficiently by using our flexible working hours.
- Hybrid working – minimum 2 days a week in the London office.
- Work for an international company where you get to travel to meet your colleagues for a great (teambuilding) event at least once a year.
- Collaborate with passionate and driven colleagues every day.
- Accelerate your career: new opportunities are right around the corner.
- Competitive compensation package.
- We offer a variety of benefits (insurances, allowances…).