At Kpler, we simplify global trade information and provide valuable insights. Founded in 2014, our goal is to help over 10,000 organisations by offering the best intelligence on commodities, energy, and maritime through a single platform.
Working at Kpler means you’ll be a key player in turning complex data into strategic resources for our clients. Your role involves creating data-driven stories that empower clients in their industries.
Your expertise helps Kpler navigate markets successfully. Your journey starts here, where innovation meets impact. Join our team of 500+ talented people from 35+ countries worldwide.
The Finance team is looking for a Collections Specialist to oversee all collections activities at Kpler. As part of this role, you will be reporting to the Senior Account Receivable Manager & partnering with our Billing, Sales and other finance teams across all Kpler entities.
Key responsibilities: The Collections function is split in several Key areas described below and currently support 7 ledgers/entities. These areas all work in conjunction with each other, for a successful process.
Daily and weekly Cash Collection tasks
- Provide regular and consistent communication/dunning activities with support to customers to ensure
- visibility to open balances, payment performance and other issues preventing timely payment.
- Daily bank checking and manual cash allocation across all banks (when automated cash allocation fails)
- Weekly bank reconciliation
- Work closely with Billing and sales Ops team members to communicate issues with invoicing and payments; and aid in resolution if needed (dispute management)
Monthly Cash Collection tasks
- Finalise all unallocated payment tasks
- Monthly Bank reconciliation
- Advise the GL and FP&A teams when cash allocation is finalised for the current month
- Monthly closing: journal entry posting as per requested by GL team
- Support AR manager on monthly Cash results versus forecast reporting
- Support AR Manager on Short term cash forecast (3 months cash forecast build)
- Support AR manager on Monthly disputed invoices report
Ad hoc Cash Collection tasks
- Customer credit management tasks on D&B
- Escalate accounts through proper channels to provide visibility to issues, potential risks and other problems that could potentially impact collection activity
- Yearly bad debt preparation & submission in conjunction with AR manager
- Audit: Preparation of all AR documentation and support the GL team
- Support/cover other AR team team members in case of absence
- Support ongoing projects
You could be a good fit if
- Fluent in English
- Experience in Accounts Receivable is a plus
- Experience with accounting software (Netsuite), Salesforce as a CRM is a plus
- Experience with MS Excel/Gsheet is a must
- Ability to aggregate, manipulate, and automate data
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports & dashboards
We’re a dynamic company dedicated to nurturing connections and innovating solutions that tackle market challenges head-on. If you’re driven by customer satisfaction and thrive on turning ideas into reality, then you’ve found your ideal destination. Are you prepared to embark on this exciting journey with us?
we make things happen
We act decisively and with purpose, and we like to go the extra mile.
we build together
We foster relationships and develop creative solutions to address market challenges with cool features and solutions.
hey, how can i help you today?
Being accessible and supportive to colleagues and clients with a friendly approach is essential.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice