Junior Business Developer – Flemish Speaking
- Role: Junior Business Developer
- Scope: Generating sales by following up on incoming leads, no cold selling involved.
- Level: Starter/ Junior
- Location: Ghent, Belgium + possibility to work from home a day or two per week
- Timing: July 2023
- Working hours: Monday – Friday, 9 am to 6 pm (40-hour work week)
Who are we and why should you care?
Teamleader is a SaaS scale-up founded in 2012 in Ghent, Belgium and since 2022, part of the Visma Group. Our goal is to automate and simplify work for small and medium European businesses. With Teamleader Focus, we simplify work for small businesses by offering an all-in-one solution for CRM, project management and invoicing. Teamleader Orbit, acquired in 2019, focuses on helping medium-sized agencies thrive. In 2022, we acquired Vectera, which provided our new Customer Meeting add-on. Find out more about Teamleader as a company, our products and why you should consider applying, here.
We’re looking for a Junior Business Developer to join us on our mission
As a Junior Business Developer at Teamleader
You’ll be in contact with entrepreneurs and small-to-medium businesses on a daily basis, talking to them about their work management software. Our goal is to help entrepreneurs work smarter with our all-in-one tool.
You’ll be part of a team who loves to work together, help each other, share insights, achieve success, while inspiring entrepreneurs to digitalise their workflow. At the same time, you’ll grow too – both as a professional and as a person.
You’ll talk with many different entrepreneurs every day and most of the time, Teamleader is their first step to digitalisation; we really make a difference! You get to know your leads very well in a short period of time, our average sales cycle is 20 days. After potential customers activate a 14-day trial, you’re their go-to person. With your laser-focus and self-starter attitude, you identify future fans in a blink of an eye and you pass them on to a more experienced colleague to perform a demo and close the sale. In this process you’ll work on both inbound and outbound leads. We support you with a clear training track where we help you grow towards a more senior role.
We want you to build a relationship with the entrepreneurs you’re talking to. You have a genuine interest in the SMB market and you want to help our leads work smarter.
Why others chose Teamleader: we are lively, not corporate.
We have the energy and boldness of a start-up and the expertise and pragmatism of a scale-up. The result: a team of both young and seasoned professionals led by supportive and approachable managers who give recognition and rewards for hard work. You’ll be working in a fast-paced tech environment with open feedback culture and room for initiatives as well as ideas. You’ll have plenty of room to apply your personality, express yourself, and impact our course of action with your insights or ideas.
On top of that, you’ll get:
An extensive training budget
A hybrid working model: a pleasant mix of office and home working. Find out more here.
A personal tooling budget, to make working from home as comfortable as from our offices.
Daily budget-friendly in-house prepared lunch and dinner options, as well as Free Food Fridays, Friyays and numerous sport initiatives!
Competitive and market-conform salary with compensations and benefits, including mobility options.
32 holidays on top of the standard public ones! (based on full-time employment)
They’ll see you as an equal business partner. Your main goal is to add value during your conversations and help our leads work smarter.
We value diversity.
Our ambition is to build and sell a product that helps everyone everywhere (starting with Europe) to work smarter, so we want our team to reflect that, too. We believe a diverse, inclusive working environment is crucial to realise that ambition, so we are committed to continue to build and cherish a culture where every colleague feels welcome, appreciated and heard.
You’d be a great fit for this role, if you:
- You love to talk with entrepreneurs about their businesses to identify their needs in regards to their workflow and business processes.
- Preferably, you know a thing or two about B2B sales, Customer Relationship Management and entrepreneurship but we don’t require work experience for this position, as long as you can prove you’re a hard-working person with some great deal of willpower.
- Your focus will be calls, you’ll need to put efforts into your calls to transform them into successful sales. Positivity and persistence are key here and you’re not brought down by a bad interaction.
- You strongly believe in technology and have an affinity with cloud-based applications.
- You must speak Flemish/ Dutch at a native level and fluent in English (for internal communication).