To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we’ve built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as commodity storage.
To support this endeavor, we have teams in more than 7 countries and 9 key locations (Brussels, Paris, Hyères, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do as a Product Specialist – Maritime
You will be based in Singapore and will work directly with the Kpler Commercial Teams across multiple regions, to demonstrate and highlight the value of Kpler’s data and Kpler’s systems to prospective clients in the Maritime, Shipping and Freight sectors. By understanding these users needs and by having an outstanding knowledge of the Kpler product and delivery mechanisms you will be able to explain how our solutions can bring additional value to maritime focused potential users, through enriching their analysis, decision making and solving their problems.
Your missions will include:
• Attend pre-sales meetings alongside the Kpler Commercial teams, and to add a high level of technical depth to the demonstrations of how Kpler’s services bring value to workflow and analysis.
• Understand what the potential maritime, shipping or freight focused client requires from a data intelligence solution, and to use that understanding to highlight how Kpler can assist in solving questions and problems that arise in their workflow, operations, chartering, trading or analysis.
• Maintain communication with potential clients during their evaluation phase of Kpler’s services, and be in contact when technical and functional questions related to Kpler’s data and delivery arise during this time period. This stage will likely involve a lot of liaison between other internal Kpler teams such as Product Development, Market Analysis and Data Operations.
• Develop and maintain a collection of bespoke data templates, examples and use case studies for Kpler’s Data via our various data delivery mechanisms. These use case studies will be utilised to highlight what Kpler’s data can offer potential clients and how we can enhance their work.
• Help to continuously improve the Kpler systems through supplying detailed technical feedback to the Kpler Product Development team from the external conversations you have with prospective clients. This feedback will help to imprint priorities in future updates and features.
You’ll be in touch with prospective clients every day either by email, phone, video calls and face to face (when possible) to help them in a myriad of topics (‘How to’s’, use cases for Kpler’s data, and technical explanations of the system) while always taking into account their individual needs.
You are or have…
• You have 5+ years of experience in a similar or relevant role within shipping or commodities, and with a background within maritime operations, shipping analysis or freight trading.
• You are comfortable with data, including using a REST API and Excel, and/or data visualisation tools (such as PowerBI/Tableau/Qlik), and understand data’s relevance to our prospective maritime-focused clients. Knowledge of a coding language such as Python is advantageous.
• You have both strong active listening skills, and the ability to break down and communicate complex information and instructions to prospective clients.
• You are also a team player, as you will be working directly with multiple Kpler teams, including the Commercial team and the Product team.
• You are methodical, analytical and good at prioritising, the nature of this role involves dealing with multiple stakeholders and projects simultaneously.
• You enjoy finding solutions and problem-solving with people as they discover what Kpler’s data intelligence services can bring to them and their organisation.
• Be humble – We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others – We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility – We take ownership of our actions.
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold – We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
Our People Pledge
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of color are less likely than others to apply if they feel like they don’t match 100% of the job requirements. Don’t let the confidence gap stand in your way, we’d love to hear from you! We understand that experience comes in many different forms and are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
By applying, I confirm that I have read and accept the Staff Privacy Notice