Strategic Sales Manager
Dropon is a Ghent-based SaaS company active in the logistics sector. Founded in September 2018, Dropon continued to build on software from the ecological courier service Bubble Post.
Our software helps companies automatically plan and optimize routes, track deliveries and streamline customer communication. Today, the software is used for home deliveries of fresh meals, catering delivery, transport of furniture, building materials, and parcels.
Since our initial product launch in 2019, we focused on confirming our value proposition and building a stable client base in Belgium. 2022 is the year of internationalization, we are creating a new position to help us expand our wings on the European market, mainly to Germany and the Netherlands.
We are looking for a Strategic Sales Manager (“SSM”) to develop and structure our international sales.
As a Strategic Sales Manager, you will be charged with identifying go to market strategies and opportunities in new markets for Dropon, building business cases, prioritizing and presenting findings to leadership, and executing strategic projects to enable growth.
You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
The SSM is a newly created position within Dropon:
- In charge of analyzing and developing German and/or Dutch markets sales.
- Charged with identifying and developing strategic sales initiatives.
- Lead and participate in regular meetings to share metrics, spearhead new projects and report progress against executed objectives.
- Supports the training, development, alignment, and selling strategies.
- Develop the marketing strategy for new markets.
- Work with the Dropon team to achieve revenue and overall company goals.
- Support sales organization with documented discovery, solution validation, standard and customized demonstrations, proof of concept/value and actions to advance and close sales opportunities.
- Build and support business cases to identify and pursue revenue opportunities.
- Create and drive revenue strategy across multiple lines of business, including partner organizations.
- On-board and train partner teams on products, go-to-market strategies, and solution selling strategies to increase cross-selling and integration of services.
- Assist in developing marketing and incentive programs to accelerate sales.
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of activities that can be tied back to sales opportunities.
. About you:
- A degree in business administration.
- 5 years of related experience in sales.
- Ability to influence decision-makers up and down levels with and without direct authority.
- Experience presenting and articulating complex concepts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal in English and German or Dutch.
- A strong affinity with Germany or the Netherlands.
- Experience in Logistics or Enterprise SaaS is a plus.
Who are we looking for
- An energetic personality who enjoys working with people and helping customers
- Self-motivated and able to work strategically and independently.
- Consistently exhibit exceptional skills in:
- Planning, preparing, and presenting in a variety of formats (verbal, written, via web/phone).
- Delivering complex sales-oriented presentations.
- Listening and identifying customer needs to improve product positioning and facilitate solution selling.
- Reacting quickly to situations in context and adjusting presentations quickly.
- Building strong relationships with customers.